CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

21.2.06

so blessed

Today I went for a walk with Ella here in beautiful Cochrane. I started to think about how much I have to be thankful for. My life has changed so much over the last year, and at times it seemed so stressful. But looking back I see how much I have to be thankful for.
Joshua is an incredible man who I still can't believe chose me to be his wife. I see that even more now that I see him with Ella. He is such a hard worker, and incredibly funny, and loves me so much.
Ella. She has taught me how sinful and selfish and imperfect I am. And that I need to work on so many areas so that she has someone to look up to. In spite of all that, she still loves me and wants me more than anyone else, and laughs at my stupid faces. It won't always be that way I know, but I can be thankful for now.
Family. I didn't realize how much I needed them. They are so loving and care about me so much. I miss them a lot. I am also realizing how thankful I am for my in laws. They are incredibly godly people who are true examples to me. Ella is so blessed to have 2 of the best sets of grandparents there are.
Friends. I am a terrible friend. I am never doing what every friend should do, and yet I still have friends. You have been so faithful to me. Please don't give up on me now. I'm working on it.
God. He has taught me so much lately about Himself. I need Him so much, and I am so ungrateful at times. He is patient and forgiving every time. Wow.

I have so much to be thankful for.
Kelly

3 comments:

Katie said...

It seems like kids put a spotlight on all of the great things in our life, and we fee more accutely how blessed we are. I feel the same way as you do. And I'm blessed by all the same wonderful things too. I LOVE being Luke's mom. I spend more time with him than anyone else, so he's kinda my boyfriend - my little bit on the side.

Remind me again - where are you living right now? You moved west to be by Blue and Deb, right? Did you know we're moving to Detroit this May and then to Aberdeen, Scotland next year? (for school - just for 3 years). And, guess who Chris just reconnected with? Mark McDowell! He's been married for 3 years and I think is going to the U of Aberdeen this year. Small world, huh?

Genns said...

We moved to Chrane Alberta. We like being near Blue and Deb but we actually moved here so Josh could finish Greek and get his degree.
Janelle told me you were moving to Scotland. Scary, but also kind of exciting. It will be hard to be away from everyone you love. (Except Chris and Luke) Wow, I haven't heard about Mark McDowell in a long time. That is kind of crazy.

Genns said...

sorry it is Cochrane Alberta.