CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

26.2.06

so much love in a bottle of TIDE

I feel as though I need to share this with all of you. This month Josh and I spent a lot of money on things that we probably didn't need. We bought a new couch, re did the bathroom and paid some big bills. By the end of the month the money was gone. So for over a week I wasn't able to buy any groceries and meals were getting, shall we say, creative. I wasn't really worried, but things were getting low. On Thursday morning I told Josh laundry would have to wait till next week because we werre out of detergent. Well, that afternoon I went over to a friends house. While I was there she took some leftovers out of the fridge and offered them to me. I politely declined, but she sent them with me anyway. I was so grateful, and told her a little bit of our situation, telling her how thankful I was for the food. She then proceeded to grab me and pull me into the kitchen and fill up bags of groceries for me, then she took me to the pantry downstairs and did the same thing. She had a full bottle of detergent on the shelf and said "I got this for free, do you need it?" I couldn't lie, and she could tell we did. (this whole time I was putting up a big fight). Now this couple is not rich, God is taking care of them, but they have 5 children and her husband is in the ministry - you know what that means. I often have so much more than I need and spend money foolishly, but she didn't care about that. She saw someone in need and wanted to help. She showed me Christ's love, and I was amazed. God cared about the fact that I had no detergent. Why? I guess because I'm His child. The next Sunday her husband got up in church and shared about how as a church, we need to do life together, and they clearly demonstrated that. It is amazing to see God working in my life right now and I pray I will be able to show Christ's love to others - everyday. God is so good.

9 comments:

David said...

wicked cute baby! nice flooring too! and thank you for the story of God's faithfulness. It's been a while since I've heard that sort of thing. It helps. Great to hear from you.

Katie said...

What a great story of God's provision for even the "little" things. Thanks so much, Kelly.

I have to post a link to your blog on my site. Then you'll have tons of comments from various women that I've reconnected with via blogging. Are you ready? :)

Genns said...

I think I can do it Katie. I was reading some comments on Shyla's blog yesterday - so much pregnancy advice. It made me laugh. I definitely could use some tips on mothering though. It's a tough job. Who knew?

nate and lissa said...

how the heck are you guys? been a while.

Unknown said...

Your story is an encouragement to me - our little family is super poor right now as Matt goes to school full time. I appreciate your humble spirit; I often am too proud to accept help.

Thanks for the website info on troy deshano. The Cleveland Clinic is just an hour from here - I want to see if we can help them somehow.

Your Ella is ADORABLE! She's just 4 days older than our Chloe but she looks a good bit lighter than our baby bohemoth. :) Oh my, I was totally floored by this mothering stuff. Much tougher than any job I've ever done. God's shown me I can't do this without His help every day. Grace to you fellow-mommy,

Alicia

Genns said...

Alicia,

Chloe is so cute. I was thinking she was about Ella's age, but I wasn't sure. Now I remember we were both pregnant at Janelle's wedding. Ella looks small, but she's actually just really long. Big surprise with Josh being her dad.
You're right, mothering is a tough job, but totally the best one I've ever had. How are you guys doing?

suzanne said...

Hey Genns!! I had fun looking at your blog! Ella is such a beautiful baby!! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Genns said...

Suzanne,

Amazing, this whole blogging world puts you in touch with people you wouldn't think you'd ever hear from again. It's great to hear from you.
Kelly

Karen said...

Even though God promises to take care of his own and always does, it's still amazing every single time it happens. Thanks. I love hearing stories like that.