CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.8.06

Princess Ella

Well, yesterday was the big day. Ella is one year old! It's so hard to believe that it has already been one year since our little Gus was born - only he turned out to be a she. It has probably been the best year of my life. It is such a priviledge to stay home with her and experience everything again through her eyes. She has taught me so much and has rebuked me a time or two. Like when we are in the grocery store and she makes noise to get peoples attention so she can smile and wave at them. I wish I was more like that. I can't remember what my life was like without her. Thank the Lord for the last year I have been able to spend with her, and for everyday he chooses to give me from here on out.
We had a little party for her last night. Just a few friends and of course cupcakes!! Here are some pics...



Well, this was before the party ever began when she got a hold of the icing whisk. Honestly, I didn't give it to her, she just knew it would be good.













The pretty girl. Don't you love the sign Josh found to put up for the party?
















Oh yeah, this is good stuff!















On to the chocolate.

















Alright Ella, that's disgusting!
















Crazy dad
















Just a few of the party guests

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! She definately looks like a little princess. She looks like she had a great time!

Karen said...

What a wonderful, delicious mess! She's such a doll, Kelly; it's hard to believe she's already a year old!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! Love the princess tiara. Looks like Ella wasn't afraid of her cake like Chloe was. I have a friend who routinely strips her kids to the diaper before they can eat their bday cake.

I agree, I don't always share your positive attitude about motherhood but this past year has been awakening for me. I never thought I was selfish or impatient until Chloe came along!

Genns said...

Nana,
We did have a great birthday - I wish you could have been here to celebrate. I guess we'll just have to do it again next time we see you.

Kelli,
She is a princess, but it's probably because I call her that about ten times a day!

Karen,
Time flies! I can't believe that little Olivia will be here very soon!!!

Alicia,
I probably don't always feel so excited about mothering, we have our moments also!!
I now understand the stripping - it would make life a lot easier.

Rob and Amanda Edmondson said...

What a cutie-pie:) (Your livingroom looks really nice too!)

the johnson crew said...

hi kelly, ella is so adorable. your house looks realy nice too. :)

D and S said...

Hi Kelli-Stumbled upon your blog on Janelle's. Ella is simply beautiful! It was fun to "catch-up". I love blogs!