CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14.9.06

I'm Baaack

So happy!!
Mom, are you gonna make it?
Sweet outfit.
How can you say no to eating dirt when she's this happy about it.
That's right, just standing there.
Recently I was on a blogging hiatus. When I first started my blog, I really couldn't get enough of it, but as with a lot of fads, it lost its excitement and I got a little bored. I kept going, knowing people wanted to see Ella, but then I just kind of quit. Well, last week I went to Winnipeg on a little trip. While I was there I had so many comments about being a little sick of "princess Ella" - well not exactly, but you get the picture. It made me realize how many people are interested in our lives, or at least interested enough to take a peek. So I thank you, all my fans out there, and it's because of you that I press on.
Let me start with bringing you up to date:
1. I sadly never mentioned the fact that while we partied with princess Ella, another wonderful thing was happening that day. Josh and I had our 5th wedding anniversary. While she was being born, I knew that our anniversary would probably not be celebrated for the next 18 years, and year 1 proved me right. Even though we tried, it just didn't happen. I guess next year we will need to try a little harder. These last 5 years have absolutely been the best of my life, and I am still amazed that he chose me to be his wife. He is an incredible man, and I am honoured to wake up next to him every morning. Actually, he is usually gone by the time I wake up - but you get the picture.
2. Our church has just asked us the be the new youth leaders. We are excited and quite nervous. We will be taking over October 1. Please pray for us as we step into this new job.
3. Ella is walking. Well, not really - but she does take steps once in a while. She took her first ones Aug30, so any day now she will be running around everywhere I'm sure.
4. Everyone I know is pregnant. Well, once again not really. But all the people from Winnipeg who I was pregnant with are now pregnant again. So, I thought I might be getting ready for another one, but now I'm not going to be a copycat. Sorry mom.
5. I really need to clean my house.
6. For my birthday weekend, the 3 of us went to Waterton for a little vacation. We had so much fun together. We went camping, and even had to hike in to our campsite the first night. That was the first time doing that since Ella. It was a little crazy, but for the most part a lot of fun. Then we went out for a birthday dinner on Sunday, and birthday latte's on Monday. Wonderful!
7. I made some really good chili for dinner tonight. I struggle with chili, so this is a big day.
Well, there you have it. I'll try to do better from now on.

8 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Glad to see you back in the blogging world. I am one of those "peekers" your little girl is so cute, and I remember Josh from nbbc. And. . . I wish I could do as much hiking and camping as you do! So I really enjoy reading about your adventures.

the johnson crew said...

hi kelly, yes, i was sick of "princess ella" too. so funny. wow, that was quite a post. it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday marithon. sorry, i need to call you soon. hiking sounds fun...that would be quite the challenge with our family...we would need a rope and some harnesses for that...love you kelly, janelle

the johnson crew said...

oh and bye the way...i am NOT pregnant... and you can praise the Lord for that!

Kelly Glupker said...

Glad to see your back Kelly!

Genns said...

Thanks Journeyer - I think your name is Katie? I was at NBBC the same time as Josh - your face looks somewhat familiar, but he "stood out" a lot more than I did :) It is nice to be married to a man who loves the outdoors - sometimes he has to drag me out there, but I'm always thankful afterward. Thanks for the comment.
Janelle,
Of course it was a marathon - I should start calling it a birthweek because it's never a day. Your birthweek is coming up soon too - or is it already here ? :) Let the party begin! Love you

Nana,
Well, not quite all year...
Glad you enjoyed the new pic's. We miss you and hope to see you soon.

Kelly,
I've been watching the big move. Hope all is going well and you make friends soon. It was nice when we moved to have some time for a while with just us - so take advantage of it. :)

Karen said...

ella looks like so much fun! It's awesome that you guys do things with her--she'll be so adaptable and flexible!

Kelli said...

Wow, sounds like you have been pretty busy! I love seeing pictures of Ella. Happy Anniversary as well! Good luck with the new position at your church. You and Josh are going to make awesome youth leaders.

Katie Barker said...

Yes Kelly, my name is Katie last name was Zakes. :)