CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

24.9.06

The Big Dipper

If you are looking for a post on astronomy, you will be greatly dissappointed, but if a post on mothering is alright read on.
Lately Ella has been determined to feed herself and finger food isn't good enough, oh no, it's got to be the spoon. So I will let her help me bring it to her mouth. That is no longer good enough, now I need to let go. This is incredibly hard as I just picture a head full of applesauce, not to mention her clothes or my floor. So there have been quite a few battles lately with her throwing fits because I won't let her. Well, I'm starting to realize that I need to go through this at some time, unless I still want to be spooning food into her mouth in grade 10. Soooo, I'm walking through the grocery store and something catches my eye... the BIG DIPPER. A big grippy handled spoon with no wrong ways to put it in your mouth. Now I realize this is just a big scam, but I have been intrigued by many a scam in my life. Like the solar powered LED flashlights - oh wait - that was my dad. Sorry dad, just couldn't resist, we've all been suckered in a few times, but when you start getting the shopping channel catalogue you know things have gone too far.
Anyway, back to my story, I bought the big dippers, knowing the day was drawing near. So, yesterday I buckled her into her highchair, threw on a bib, gave her a tub of yogurt, a big dipper and let her have at it. So, here's how things turned out. So you ask, "where exactly is the big dipper?" You guessed it, thrown overboard while diving in with both hands. Actually, it's not too bad, she must be a natural eater - gets it from her mama I guess.

5 comments:

the johnson crew said...

dear kelly, that was a really cute story! anna liked it too. when i clicked on the pic to enlarge it, anna stuck out her tongue and started spitting excitedly.

Katie Barker said...

Wow, wish I could see a pict. of the spoon! Sounds interesting. You'll have to tell us if she ends up liking it.

Kelli said...

At least the yogurt is white! =) Have fun teaching her how to use the "big Dipper"!

Unknown said...

I'm with you girl. We have carpeting in our dining room so it's no fun having to pick up all of Chloe's rejected food. I haven't been brave enough to let her spoon yogurt though . . . I try to give her clumpier stuff so I can clean it up easier. You're right, we've got to go through this self-feeding mess sooner or later!

christina said...

that's so cute! i got one of those big spoons for soup...actually, as cheesy as this sounds, it came free with the soup. i tried giving connor a spoon the other day. it landed on the floor pretty fast. and it doesn't matter how hard i try, almost every meal ends up in his hair....it's nice that he has short hair b/c of that.