CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

22.6.06

Craft Time

Well, I know it's not polite to brag... but I am just so proud of myself. I am not a crafty or artsy person - or anywhere close to being one. But every once in a while I feel the urge to try something new. So a friend told me how to make this easy quilt, and I thought "I should make something for Ella." So I bought some material (which Josh always discourages - since I have plenty of "good intention" yarn and material in the basement), but this time I was determined to prove him wrong... and I did - not only that, I enjoyed it!! I know it's far from perfect, there are tons of flaws, but it was definitely made with love.
So here it is, I hope Ella is happy because it's probably the only thing I'll ever make for her. Sorry sweetheart, but I'll take you shopping.

6 comments:

suzanne said...

Good Job Kelly!!! I think that there must be a crafty person deep down in there! Didn't you crochet Josh a blanket when you were at Northland? I remember you at least started one! You should craft more often, it is so rewarding!

christina said...

wow! i'm impressed. i'm not crafty either, but i probably wouldn't even attempt something that big. my mom and m-i-l are super crafty and have both made connor a blanket already.
looks great!

Karen said...

Wow, Kelly! You should be proud of yourself!

Ella is getting so big!

Kelly Glupker said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You say you're not crafty, but you also said something about not being good with computers and links! Good Job Kelly - it looks great!
-Kelly

Kelli said...

That is awesome Kelly! How did you make that? I have been wanting to learn how to quilt for a few years, but haven't gotten too far. I would love to hear how you did it!
Ella looks like she loves it!

Unknown said...

Cute blanket! I have that green bug material too. How long did the quilt take you?