CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.6.06

weekend widows

Well, it wasn't exactly the weekend, but that sounds better than Tuesday through Saturday widows. Last week Josh and Blue went on a river training trip. So I went to stay with Deb and help her out. She has 2 kids and they run an ice cream business in the summer. (See my reasons for going weren't to be nice... hello free ice cream!) We had a great time, but it was pretty busy. She worked in the evenings so I took care of the kids. I learned that three kids are hard work. Ocean is 31/2 and Meadow is 11 months. Deb forced me to jog in the mornings, and on Thursday I had to come back for MOPS and my dad was in town on business so I wanted to see him. Busy week. The boys surprised us my coming home late Friday night. So nice. So on Saturday we went out for breakfast to one of my favourites, The Summit Cafe, and then we went for a hike with Roly and Lisa. So it was quite a crew going down the trail, and wouldn't you know it, but we came across a huge grizzly with 2 cubs. That was crazy scary, but she just kept going off in the woods, not that we stuck around to watch her or anything.


The 2 little trouble makers - Ella and Meadow

Quite a character this one.
Just a few pictures or our hike.

Blue, Deb, Ocean and Meadow
Roly and Lisa - they're getting married on Saturday!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow, sounds like you were busy but that you were also able to have a lot of fun! Great pictures.

Kelly Glupker said...

Love the pictures! The falls look beautiful. Your family picture is great!

Karen said...

What fun! I love the family photos; you look like you had a blast.

Unknown said...

What great fun! oh my, I know how you feel about being a single mom for awhile though I've never had 3 kiddos at a time. It reminds me of the importance of a family - with a daddy around to help out once in awhile!

Deb & Blue look like they're doing great! Their kids look pretty cute too. Do you get to see them often?