CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.4.07

Oh Ella, where are you?

The other day Ella and I went downstairs to do some laundry. After I was done I told her to follow me upstairs. Well, for some reason she just wanted to stay down and play. For those of you who know Ella that is quite unusual for her because she normally just likes to be wherever the action is. Since there are only who of us during the day the "action" is wherever I am. So I thought I would just let her hang out for a little while and go check on her often (our basement isn't exactly a good play area). So, after going down a few times, the next time I went down there wasn't a sign of her anywhere. I was calling and looking and she was gone. I was starting to get a little panicked. She usually would just respond right away or make some kind of noise anyway. Well finally I looked more closely to where she was playing the last time I saw her - right nest to the washer and dryer - and sure enough, she had crawled into the dryer. She brought all her blankets downstairs, had pushed them into the dryer and gotten right in with them. She was so happy just playing away. I told Josh the story and he got kind of freaked out. I told him there was no way she could shut the door on herself, so no need to worry. He said "yeah, until she has a little brother or sister to stuff in!" So true.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa, I'm with Josh, that would have freaked me out too! When I was little, my sister and I climbed in the dryer but thankfully I had sense enough (for a 3 year old) not to shut the door). What is it about little kids and closed spaces and containers?

undergroundcrowds said...

I guess most kids are all about forts and hiding places. I know I was.

the johnson crew said...

ella is so funny! we are watching elijah (daniel's youngest) and he climbed in jason's mom's washer... i can't keep up with that boy.)

heatherlyn11 said...

my girls haven't tried that yet...so, was she planning on taking her nap in there, is that why she brought her blankets?
heth

D and S said...

OH wow. That's hilarious! Thanks for picking up the cam to take a picture! How are you feeling these days? When are you due?

Genns said...

thanks for continuing to comment on my blog, even though I never reply. I'm due September 19 - same day as Kelly Glupker - funny! It's always good to hear from you,
Kelly

Erin said...

Hey Kelly - It's Erin White your old roommate! Wow, it was neat to read your blog and see what you guys are doing. Congratulations on the baby coming!

undergroundcrowds said...

in the first picture the look on her face is so cute like "what? what's the problem?"