CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

20.3.06

SPRING IS HERE!

Every year around this time I get excited about the thought that summer is coming. With that excitement comes the idea that I should get in shape. For some reason it is always a half marathon that pops into my mind. So I get pumped up, and I start training. Thinking the whole time that I can do this. About a week later I realize what a dumb idea it was and put all marathon thoughts away till next spring when I drag them back out again. You think I would learn, but every year I get just as excited as the previous.
Well, this year was no different - well maybe a little. I decided to take it a little easier put my energy towards a 10K instead, and I thought I would tell a few people to give me some accountability. What was I thinking?? Before I knew it, I had 4 friends deciding to run with me!!! Not only that, they decided that I should present this 10K to our MOPS group, and that I should head it up. Are you for real? I am NOT a runner!!! Do you hear me? I don't run. I think in my head that I do, but I've never gone more than a half an hour... and that was a long time ago. Pre baby days.
But at this point, I'm still kind of pumped. I still think I might be able to do this. So I get out the stroller and Ella and I head out. I decide to walk for 10 minutes, jog for 10 minutes, walk for 10 minutes. So the first 10 minutes are great, then I start to jog. I look at the clock 11:07. Alright, here I go. Okay, getting a little tired - just keep going. Getting really tired - keep going. Just look at the clock, encourage yourself. 11:07 WHAT? I haven't even been running 1 minute? What am I doing out here? Well, I managed to go 4 minutes, thinking I was going to die. But I made it - 4 whole minutes (or close to). How am I ever supposed to run 10K?
So, here I am, trying to encourage other people to run with me when I don't think I can do it myself. I'm even supposed to find us matching pink tee-shirts! What have I done?
Well, Josh is just laughing - "How are you going to get out of this one Kelly?" Well, I was thinking about my options...
an injury or getting pregnant...hmmm.

4 comments:

Shyla said...

get pregnant! LOL
i can help you out with finding cute pink t-shirts, but i will be looking to you in 7 weeks for getting back in shape advice! LOL
Have fun running your fanny off!!

Genns said...

Don't be looking to me!! Did you read my blog?!?! :)

Karen said...

HA! I'm the same way; I think spring makes ya a little cuckoo. I hate, hate, HATE running! Good luck, though! Keep at it!

Unknown said...

4 minutes, not bad. :) I huff and puff just from taking chloe up the stairs. post-baby bodies are not very cooperative. You're in a mops group too? I love mine. i only wish we met more than once a month. I've met a fellow mommy who lives 6 houses down from thru mops - so encouraging! Keep us posted on the 10k preparation and race. :)