CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

23.5.06

Long Weekend

What a great long weekend we had. The weather was great, and the weekend was action packed. It all started when Josh got home early from work on Friday. It always throws me off when he does that. I'm like a little puppy, I get so excited I just don't know what to do with myself. We went shopping a little bit, and then got to go out for dinner to the Vietnamese Noodle House. It's one of our favourites. Cheap and good. I got 28 for the first time, and Josh got his usual 37C. Later we had someone over and played Settlers. The next day we had a few things to get done, like buy a baby gate, since Ella is officially crawling - and getting mighty good at it. So we just had fun doing errands. Errands are so much more fun when Josh is with me. We got home late and grilled steaks without a BBQ. That was interesting, and a story by itself. On Sunday we went to church and quickly got home afterward because Josh was itching to get on the water. He was so excited to get back in his kayak. So we drove out to canoe meadows to see if he could go down the river with a few people. There was no one just going out, so we drove to the put in spot. Let me start by telling you that I was a little nervous about him going. Kayaking always scares me a little, but last weekend a guy got pinned under water for 5 minutes, and it's a miracle he's even alive. And now Josh is a dad, so I just worry a little more than I used to. All that to say we drove up to the spot and the name of it was the Widow Maker. Awesome, that really helped me out. Oh well, with all my worrying he made it out OK and even got to do a second run. Then we went to Canmore to visit Blue and Deb's Old School Bus which opened this weekend. We spent the evening hanging out, and I got a double scoop coconut strawberry in a waffle cone. Wow! On Monday we headed out for Canmore again. This time I was going mountain biking with Deb, Roly, Lisa and Mr. F (Blue's dad) That's right, Josh was babysitting. Something he hasn't done very often yet. He was excited, I was scared. Hadn't been a bike in 2 years, and had never really been mountain biking. So we did a trail that brought us right into Banff. It was 20K, and lot of downhill, and a little bit of up. Wasn't too tough, but my butt is REALLY sore today. Josh made out well also.
Anyway, this is getting way too long, so that's my weekend.

2 comments:

Amanda T said...

I thought i'd write and say hello. I look on your blog every now and then to see how you and josh are doing. Your little one is so cute and it's great to see the pictures. It's been great to see so many northland people.
Amanda (Turnbow) Trumbull

Genns said...

Hey Amanda,
It's good to hear from you. I check your blog every once in a while also. Blog's truly are wonderful things.