CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2.10.06

The options are endless really.

Boy I've just been blogging up a storm lately.
We go to a small church in Calgary that is mostly made up of young families, and that means lots of kids. Well when we first started going there I realized that Ella was among one of the only girls in the whole bunch (that has somewhat changed since then, but whatever). So, I started hearing a lot of mother's "claiming" Ella as her future daughter-in-law, and being quite adamant about it. Now let me tell you, she has quite an age range of boys vying for her attention. Liam was in good standing till he slammed her head in the toybox in the nursery - but now he likes to tickle her and she loves it, so he might be working his way back up. Blake is the quiet but handsome type - I'm not sure how she feels about him, but he sure is cute. Leif and Reid don't really seem to have any interest in women - so much so that when she was at their house a while ago I told Reid to tell me if she was bothering him and I would take her away. He looked at me and yelled in his little Beaker voice "Take her awaaaaay!" Then there's Christian. I would never have thought of him as a candidate until his mother voiced her opinion to me, due to the fact that he is eight. But older men aren't always so bad I guess. Well, he definitely jumped in the lead by buying Ella a pair of shoes the other day. He really likes her, and is always looking at shoes for her, how sweet.
Anyway, that got me to thinking about bringing back the old dowry - well I guess for us to get money it's actually called bridewealth, but whatever. Like it's looking like we could definitely get some good coin for this kid, she's in high demand,like I was thinking a winter home in Costa Rica perhaps... hmmmm. But I do have to let all you boys know that if baby Ramsdale happens to be a boy, Ella is officially spoken for. He is already referred to in the Genn home as "Ella's baby husband" Ella and Earl - sounds like a match made in heaven hey Keri.
But either way, Leif and Reid you better get your act in gear or all the good girls are gonna be taken. One thing for sure, she is not allowed to marry Benjamin Vater, because then her name would be Ella Vater! Ha!

4 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

I'm glad you are in a blogging mood, because your post sure makes me laugh!

Unknown said...

Ella Vader, that's great. I'm jealous of your personalized baby shoe buyer. Our Chloe isn't spoken for yet so if any of those nursery boys want her, let's hear some offers. :)

Kelli said...

Ella Vater, that would be hilarious!! That was a very amusing post! May the best man win!

the johnson crew said...

kelly...you are realy funny! i thin i want to shelter my girls from boys til they are 30.